As these easy and delicious cookies are a regular in our household, I have definitely had plenty of opportunity to try them in a variety of ways. So, here you have it, my famous dark choc peanut cookies done four ways…. find your favourite!
· 1 cup peanut butter
· 1/3 cup brown sugar
· 1 free range egg
· 100g chocolate, chopped roughly*
1. Preheat oven to 180°C on bake and line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. In a medium bowl, combine peanut butter, sugar, egg, and your choice of chocolate.*
3. Using damp hands, shape mix into 12 circular portions and place on baking tray. You can use spoons for this or damp hands as the mix is quite sticky.
4. Bake for 12 – 14 minutes or until golden and gooey!
5. Allow to cool before transferring to a wire rack
SUBSTITUTIONS AND TIPS
*The BEST combinations of chocolate in the cookies:
o Lindt 70% dark chocolate.
o Whittaker’s Dark Salted Caramel (amazing!).
o Whittaker’s Peanut Butter chocolate.
o Easter special: mini milk eggs, chopped roughly.
· Store in an airtight container for up to five days.
· Smooth or crunchy peanut butter is fine, choose your preference.