Hannah is a chartered accountant by trade and is currently expecting her first baby girl to hubby, Beauden Barrett. When she isn’t out walking her cute mini schnauzers, you will find her cooking up a storm in the kitchen or sweating it out at Pilates or F45. Passionate about health and fitness with an awesome approach to wellness, I am really excited to include the gorgeous Hannah in the ‘nineteen series!'
1. Your go-to pre-gym meal?
I usually do cardio on an empty stomach but if I’m doing weights/a circuit workout my go-to is peanut butter and sliced banana on grain loaf.
2. Favourite post-gym recovery food?
A banana or Two Islands protein smoothie (I try and sneak a handful of spinach in there too!).
3. Can't head to the gym without....?
A water bottle and sweat towel.
4. The best piece of nutrition advice you have been given?
Not to count calories as all foods aren’t equal and to focus on nourishing your body with food, not necessarily eating less but eating more of the foods which are good for you.
5. Foods you cannot stand?
Tomatoes!! And anything containing cumin.
6. Three foods you could not live without?
Apples, potato and chocolate.
7. Favourite local café?
Browns on Remuera Road or Bowl and Arrow (they do the best smoothie bowls!).
8. Favourite foodie destination (can be worldwide)?
Chez Fernand in Paris (escargot entree and duck breast on mash potato main) - literally the best meal I have ever had!
9. What’s the first thing you consume in a typical day?
A full fat milk coffee with Two Islands collagen powder.
10. What is your favourite weekend breakfast?
Pancakes with berries and whipped cream.
11. What is your go-to lunch?
Anything quick and easy.
12. What is your ultimate dessert?
Sticky date pudding.
13. Favourite recipe book?
Two Raw Sisters cookbook - they have some incredible salad recipes.
14. Sweet or savoury?
15. Favourite fruit or vegetable?
Green apples or mandarins.
16. Food you used to dislike and now love?
17. A dish that is made frequently in your household is…
Prawn pasta with lemon and cream.
18. Cooking – love it or hate it?
19. A top tip you would give other people trying to be the healthiest version of themselves?
Love yourself, nourish your body and embrace the skin you are in.